Thursday, May 12, 2011

Upcycled art

I wanted to start posting some of the cool things that could be made with recycled material and that do not have any functional purpose beside being a piece of art.
Doing art using recycled material is also part of the upcycling definition.

You know the definition?
"Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value."


Starting with the most basic set up: a piece of garbage that a clever set-up and a lighting effect turn into art from Tim Noble & Sue webster.
Dirty White Trash (1998)

Sunset over Manhattan (2003)
He/She (2004)

Or Toby Fraley who's making awesome Robots and lamps from vintage object.







They are great source of inspiration to me, I'll try to add more art in my future posts, don't hesitate to send me cool links to upcycleus@gmail.com if you have some.

1 comment: